Friday, May 22, 2009

1st kayak excursion

Last Saturday a group of friends and I took our kayaks out for their maiden voyage. We went to Lake Jocassee up in the mountains. It was a stormy morning in Clemson and we were a little hesitant to head out, but by the time we reached the lake everything had passes the mountains and we had a great day. Here are some of the pics I took from out on the water.
The view from the front of my brand new kayak!
This is Megan and Brett in the blue kayaks and Matt in the red/yellow kayak in the back. Paddle away guys.

The clouds moving the storms right past us. The mountains made for great sight seeing and since the lake doesn't have many houses on it we had barely any boat traffic all day long.



The sun came out and made it the perfect day!
This is Laura, she will be my roommate in August. Looks like we may be spending the summer on the water together.

2 comments:

Danielle Michelle said...

How fun! I'm jealous! I miss the water here!

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

You bought a kayak? Fun!!! We haven't hit water yet...