Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day...

Yes, that's right...we have an official snow day today. It had rained all weekend and finally at about 4pm yesterday the white stuff started falling. It was super saturated, wet snow that caused a lot of trouble for travellers. I stayed in all day working, but by 7pm just couldn't hold back any longer. I had to get outside to play. My neighbor came and knocked on my door warning me that my car might get hit if it was left where it was. So I threw on my rain jacket and moved the car.

Once the car was moved, a snowball fight ensued with Laura (my neighbor), Jason (her boyfriend) and their friend Branford. We must have spent about 45 minutes outside chucking wet, packed snowballs in a girl vs. guy fight. It was awesome!!! So we finally called a truce after the guys were sick of getting nailed.

Then the power started to flicker on and off and then finally it was out. So what do you do when the power goes out? Sledding...except that we didn't have any sleds, but we had a kayak. We proceeded to put the kayak in the back of Jason's truck, put 'er in 4 wheel drive and headed to Kite hill on campus. We snow kayaked for a good hour and a half! It was such a blast!!!

By 11pm last night the power was back on, school was cancelled and I was ready to hit the sack after pulling a kayak up the sledding hill multiple times. To say the least, I think that is one of the best times I have had here in the south so far. Nothing like snow to cheer up a dreary weekend!

And to top it all off for a great start to the month, Erika and Kevin had a little baby girl yesterday morning. Congratulations LaPeans on your new arrival!

Have a wonderful week everyone! Mine is starting out great as March came in as a Lion and will hopefully go out on my birthday as a Lamb.

2 comments:

alanna rose said...

Snow kayaking would be an awesome addition to Winter Carnival...someone call Blue Key!

Tell Kevin and Erika (I've never met her, but I'm sure she's a sweetheart) Congratulations!

Danielle Michelle said...

Christ Erin! How the hell are you? I didn't know you were blogging!