Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1 week in...

1 week down of the new semester. I've only had 3 classes and really the first two were just 'welcome to the class' lectures. Hopefully we will start really getting into the class this next week. The classes will have lots of writing associated with them so I am trying to at least work ahead and plan out a schedule for my self.

Research is coming along with a few bumps in the road. I made samples and wanted to test them at 24 hours, 1 week, 4 weeks, and 8 weeks. But of course... the machine I am to test the samples on will not export my data and I can't see the raw data to be able to plug into an excel spread sheet. So I have delayed running the samples that I made almost 60 hours ago. So much for my first time point. Hopefully I can get them run tomorrow even without exportation and see if I can copy the files to another buildings software to export there. Research would be no fun without obsticles!

The other thing I am quickly noticing is how expensive my tests and samples actually are... 1 batch of the PLLA beads I make runs about $150 and I made over 45 batches since I started. I'm really racking up the bill. But I got on an assistantship this semester so I must be doing something right.

Well off to bed for the evening. Lots of work to get done tomorrow. It will probably be another 13 hour day in the lab. I'll try and post every week of the semester... maybe I will actually hit a goal.

No comments: