Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And spring semester is off....

Well, its back to school again. Christmas break was fun and super busy, but not long enough. I barely got anything done I wanted to. I saw all sorts of weather and returned to South Carolina in all its wonderfully warm winter glory of 65 degrees. I miss the snow and cold already.

This semester is going to be extremely busy for me. I have so much to get done and I am hoping to make huge strides in research. Unfortunately, the grant money did not come through and funding is on the back burner until things can get switched around. At least tuition is paid. I get to start getting actually data this semester from all my work last semester. As well as working on getting my first publication out. I have a huge presentation to give sometime this semester (hopefully after data) and on top of all that I have to start writing my literature review for my qualifier next sprint. Although my two classes should be very interesting and hopefully will give me a break from the lab.

To keep me busy after school, I have another little job. I'm working on getting a website for 3-D cell culture up and running by the end of January. I have done a ton of work reading through abstracts and papers to post. It will be a great search engine for all those interested in tissue engineering and 3-D cell cultures of any kind. I might even get to go to a conference in April to spread the word and be the face of the website. YEAH!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a happy New Year! Please come and visit if you get the chance.

1 comment:

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

It's great to hear school is going well. We miss you over here and will hopefully make it down there before you graduate. I'm sure you are missing all the snow that's been dumped on us this winter.

Baby is doing good, we'll send news as soon as baby arrives. Much love.