Thursday, June 3, 2010

I know, I know

Sorry I have not posted in so long. It's just that the end of the semester seems to always be so hectic. Then I took a two week intensive class called Implantology, really just animal surgery for biomedical implants. It just finished up on Tuesday. So I am officially done with "real" classes until next January. This means that I now need to make great strides in research and complete my qualifier by October in order to be on track to graduate in 4 years.

So the summer has started and the humidity and heat are never ending. We have had rain every day for the last week and the forecast calls for rain for the next 5 days as well. Although I am in the south and weather is like Michigan in that it can change in 5 minutes. I hope every one's summers are off to a good start and it sounds like Michigan has gotten some nice weather as well. I'm hoping that I can get my kayak in the lake this weekend and then continue to take little treks when I get the time. Summer is finally here for me and I intend to enjoy it now that class is done!

I miss the Midwest and the clean, crisp lakes. I can't wait to get up there in the end of August/beginning of September for a vacation. I'm hoping the weather will continue to be nice through Labor Day so that I can get some sailing in. Hopefully I can also come see people on my way through! Once I know dates I can start making plans to come see people.

I miss you all! Have a great summer and I will try and update more later.

1 comment:

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

Glad to see you are still doing great down there! We were beginning to wonder how things were! PS - we're having another one at the end of January!